Monday, May 11, 2009

Hates it: "Buying Clothes for Work" by Nicole


"You're wearing that same shirt AGAIN?"

I probably would've come back with some bitchy remark like "...You're a bitch!", but she's my niece. And she's eight.

I'm in serious need of some biz casj, but typically, when it comes to shopping for work clothes, I'd rather do community service with Naomi Campbell while she's on the rag and has a purse-full of Iphones.

Maybe I'll pull a Marge Simpson, and every night I'll go home and rip up my Faconnable button down and Banana Republic flat-fronts and turn then into a fabulous-yet-appropriate cocktail dress...and then a jumpsuit...and then a PONCHO!

::Sigh:: I suppose until I get a job for which the dress code is described as "quirky, fabulous, and sort of schizo", I'm doomed to purchase more button downs and flat fronts.

See you bitches at Kohl's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The vest says, 'Let's do lunch!' but the culottes say, 'You're paying!'"

Anonymous said...

I swear by New York and Company for work clothes that morph fabulously into evening wear. Good luck!!

Liz G :D